Monday, June 22, 2020

Wedding! (Only... 11 months later)

All right! I'm FINALLY sitting down to write the wedding post. First I waiting for the photos to get to us, and by then school had started, and then it just felt overwhelming to write, it just seemed like so much! But, now the school year is all wrapped up and I am finally taking the time to write this up.

Get ready for a bajillion photos.

I spent the night at the hotel we would stay at for the wedding night so that me and my wedding party could get dressed and ready there. It was a fun place; very Portland. There was this weird picture of people dressed as frogs sitting on top of one another in with a background that made it look like the hallway extended beyond them. It was weird.

But the room was nice and it came with complimentary breakfast. Yay!

The day of, Maddie (my maid of honor) showed up early and we hung out, got our hair done, and started getting ready. The rest of the party showed up and we hung out, took pictures, and got ready.










Mandy and her party got ready at the venue. I had gotten a couple of little gifts for Mandy and had her mom and sister give them to her as she got ready.








Then it was time to head over to the venue to put on the dress and get bridal party pictures.



My mom was so cute. She came in while I was getting into my dress (an event in and of itself) and tried to give me this cute, heartfelt speech about how much she loved me and how proud she was, but she kept crying and couldn't finish.



It was precious.

Then we headed next door to this little garden place and we got our first look at one another.





Mandy looked so pretty. We were a total mess.



We took some pretty pictures in the garden together with just us.


























Then we did pictures with our bridal party. Seriously. Our parties were great. I love my people. <3



















Of course, we had to nerd out. Mandy got her bridal party all replica Star Wars weapons for their gift (neeeerrrrrddd).








I did take a Sailor Moon picture (because, why not?). And I'm feeling the Princess Serenity vibes with this white dress.




Then it was time for the photos with out families. Mandy's family:








My family was, maybe, a little less decorous than the DuPriest's....








We later got photos with Mandy's birth mother and uncle.





Then it was just a little wait until the actual wedding. Lilia (our flower girl) and my nephew, Luke, had a fun time playing and hanging out together. It was pretty dang cute.


Then it was time for the main event. Mandy had both her mom and dad walk her down the aisle.




I walked down the aisle with my dad.




Kelsey, Mandy's sister, read a poem and then the choir from First Unitarian, directed by our friend, Jason, sang a song of the poem.



Our flower girl, Jason and Jen's daughter, stole the show. A minute or two before walking down the aisle, she decided that she was DONE and had to be carried down the aisle. She then proceeded to walk around during the song and vows. It was precious and probably one of my favorite parts of the ceremony (aside from the actual getting married part).



We decided to do what is called a "handfasting" where you take a ribbon and wrap the hand of the couple for the vows. Elizabeth did an amazing job officiating.





And it was a good choice on our part to say nothing besides "I do" because we were both crying messes by the end.





We went back inside to rest, eat some tasty food (which Mandy immediately managed to drop tomatoes down the front of her shirt... but I brought a Tide pen so we were good). We signed our marriage certificate, and we were officially Mrs. and Mrs. DuPriest!







While we were hanging out, the catering people were switching out for dinner and our guests were talking and enjoying those same tasty appetizers.




























Presenting to the world (or at least the people we invited): Mrs. and Mrs. DuPriest!





Tasty dinner, and then some cake!








People gave toasts and everyone cried.



























We tried to talk to everyone but it went so fast!








Time to boogy! Took some time to dance (including the chicken dance in honor of Grandma and Grandpa Olson).



















































Time to leave. We had to do it twice for pics.






And, of course, because we have to make things fun, my car battery had died, so we had to come back and get a jump. Lol! Someone said something to the effect that it's not a lesbian wedding without someone fixing a car! (It wasn't a lesbian wedding... Mandy is bi... but we'll take it.)

Overall, it was an exhausting and fun day. I wish we had had more time to talk to everyone. They took great pictures, but the photographer definitely did not do a great job helping us plan the timing aspect, lol!

And, to wrap it up, my absolute FAVORITE picture from the entire thing: Lilia running away from us crying.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying home (and the shopping haul!)

 Sunday we woke up bright and early (10:00) to get breakfast at 10:30 and then checked out. Even with getting up so late, I was NOT chipper....