Thursday, August 3, 2023

Days 7: Meerkat Cafe

Saturday was our last full day in Seoul and I really wanted to go to a particular store: Hoya in Seoul. She specializes in modern hanbok design size XS-6XL, a hard thing to find in Seoul. I had seen her videos on Tik Tok and Instagram for a while and I really wanted to check out her in person store.

The shop was only a couple stops away, but it didn't open until 1pm. So we took the subway out, getting there a little bit early. We wanted to make sure we knew where the shop was before getting lunch. The store was easy to find, but there weren't many food options open around the store. We did end up finding a little spot that was mostly filled with construction workers getting some lunch, but we managed to get some decent food. Nice.


Then it was off to Hoya in Seoul! So excited.


The store was small, but it was FILLED with pretty goodies! There were skirts, crop tops, blazers, jackets. So many pretty things. I knew I wanted a skirt so that's what I spent most of the time trying on and spinning in. 


Maddie and Mandy were enamored with the blazers. I loved (loved loved loved) the skirt I got and I wanted the flutter sleeve jacket, but they only made them custom (so I would have to wait a bit since they have a waiting list) and they were also a little pricey. Even if it was so pretty.

So, so pretty.

But I got a skirt and a pretty hair pin. 

The two ladies in the shop were so amazing. They were so excited to show us around, have us try on different things, and no pressure sales. I picked my hair pin and the girl was so excited that I chose the one she had designed. It was so much fun and I wish I had infinite money to buy all the things.

From there, we headed to Hongdae for our reservation at the Meerkat Cafe! We got to Hongdae and Mandy really started not feeling good, so she decided to head back to the hotel while Dan, Maddie, and I walked out to the cafe.



We put our things into lockers, put on slippers, and we inside. 

When we first got in, it was fox time! Look at how happy he is!




We weren't supposed to touch them, but we got to watch the one fox baby follow the worker around chasing and getting dragged around by the rope. So cute.


Maddie played with a baby on a trampoline. 


Then they brought out this pretty baby. Again, we weren't supposed to touch, but they got it to jump up on our shoulders.





They brought out two dogs, Ana and Elsa, but we kept waiting for the raccoons. Dan suggested going upstairs to see the other animals, but I wanted to wait for when they brought out this guy. 


The time finally came and we waited to give the little guy a treat and a high five. His little hands were so precious!



After that, we went upstairs where they had a couple wallabies, some cats, and the meerkat enclosures. A worker came over and gave us some treats to feed the wallabies. Precious babies.




They started cuing up to see the meerkats so we said hello to the sleeping kitty before taking off all of our jewelry and completely emptying our pockets before getting in the meerkat enclosure.


The brought us into the enclosure one or two at a time and told us to carefully sit down before giving us a little blanket to cover our laps with before we got to let the meerkats come up and let us pet them.

This little guy is in heaven.


They weren't kidding when they made us empty our pockets. This little guy kept coming over and practically climbing in my dress pocket. I kept having to cover it with the blanket, but he would dig it out and stick his entire head in my pocket.


They loved belly scratches. So cute.




After the cafe, we headed back towards our hotel. Mandy still didn't feel good so she didn't join us for dinner and our final Korean bbq. And, again, it was delicious.


Leaf and beef!


After dinner I hung out with Maddie watching a new show and Dan went out to get some more street food. We jokingly asked for him to bring us back another croffle (croissant waffle thing) and then he did! And it was delicious!


And that is our final full day in Seoul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying home (and the shopping haul!)

 Sunday we woke up bright and early (10:00) to get breakfast at 10:30 and then checked out. Even with getting up so late, I was NOT chipper....