Friday, May 15, 2015

Almost Done!

Wow, I haven't posted all term. I guess things have been a little bit busy around here (that's an understatement!).

This last weekend was Jesi's wedding and it turned out really great.

Dad and Drew (Jesi's then fiance) loaded up the car the night before with a ton of awesome junk: decorations, chair covers, etc.). They completely filled up the Uhaul and then had to use the Smith's pickup truck for a bunch of coolers.


After spending the morning getting all fancied up, Jesi and Drew got married in the Portland Temple and then had pictures outside before heading out for more pictures and then off to the reception!


 They had a ring ceremony and reception at the World Forrestry Center. Our bishop from the singles ward did the ring ceremony and, of course, did a great job. I love our bishop. The reception itself was super fun, lots of dancing and great food!


Got a cute picture with my Uncle Allan. He looks so much like Dad (just more hair). And Jesi did a great job choosing nice bridesmaid dresses. We looked gooood.


The next day we had a brunch where the couple came back to my parents' house and opened all the gifts before heading off on their honeymoon. Of all the things Jesi fought my mom on for this wedding I'm surprised the brunch wasn't one of them. I don't want to see anyone for at least a week after my wedding! Awkward...

After the brunch wrapped up, my cousin Amanda, my Aunt Amy, and I went to Saturday Market. We had a great time going through all the booths, eating tasty treats. We finished up the day at Voodoo Donuts of which SOMEONE (I'm not naming names mom) ate most of my bacon maple bar. That's ok, though. I got to eat some of this person's mom mother's day chocolate covered strawberries and cheesecake (we got her an awesome gift... super delicious).

I have to say, Jesi couldn't have chosen a better week to have her wedding. The week before, my action research paper was due and I did a presentation on SAT preparation programs effectiveness for a bunch of people from two different school districts. Then this week I have spent every night up getting my professional portfolio ready for tomorrow. I am currently sitting in the library at school typing this up as I wait for my class tonight during which we will present our action research projects and talk about licensure. Woof! A lot of work to get done in a stressful period of time.

I'm in the middle of interviewing for jobs next year as well. I had an interview at a local high school earlier this week and I just set up an interview for an elementary school next Friday. I'm getting really excited about graduation (4 weeks!) and getting a job for next year (crossing fingers, everyone!).

Summer is looking to be great. I have my trip to Korea in July and two summer jobs all ready to go. I will be starting back up at Dream Dinners again (yay!) right after graduation (literally... 7:30 am the day after I graduate). I'm also going to be doing curriculum development supervision for my current professor. I'm so excited to get to work with Lisa some more this summer. She is an amazing lady and I have been so lucky to get to learn from her these last few years (and now this summer, too!!)

I can't believe it's already been 3 years! Well, I guess I can. But I'm still going to miss everyone in my program and all the wonderful professors who have helped me these last few years. They have all been amazing and I'm so grateful that I got into such a fantastic program here at PSU. Now I'm ready to hit the road with my masters degree and start doing what I've been preparing to do for the last few years.

Ready, set, GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying home (and the shopping haul!)

 Sunday we woke up bright and early (10:00) to get breakfast at 10:30 and then checked out. Even with getting up so late, I was NOT chipper....