Saturday, July 4, 2015

Jem Hair!

When I was little, one of my favorite cartoons was Jem and the Holograms. A group of women using magical holograms to become a famous singing group in order to make money to keep open a home for orphaned girls? AND SHE HAD PINK HAIR!?! Who wouldn't want to be Jem?

Truly outrageous!

For me, she rated right up there with Oprah and Michael Jackson as my idols (I was a weird kid). I also signed all of my papers "Jem" in kindergarten, though I think I might just not have known the difference between an "n" and an "m" at that point. (The amazing cartoon should not be mistaken for the movie coming out... only similarities there are some pink hair and singing).

I've always wanted pink hair but there's never been a "good time" to have it. I wanted to have temporary pink hair this summer after I had landed a job. As of right now, I am still looking and interviewing so I haven't had the chance. A few weeks ago, I practiced with some pink on the tips of my hair to see how well it would wash out. It washed out pretty fast so I felt pretty comfortable that if I put it on my entire head, it would wash out in a week, two tops. So I decided that I would do it before I go to Korea for two weeks. This way, I get my pink hair and I can still look professional when I get back in time for more interviews! Yay!

So I got all my crap together: Manic panic pink, old sour cream tub (sorry, Mom; I won't put it back in the tupperware drawer), a color brush, a comb, a towel for around my neck, a bajillion clips, latex gloves, and vaseline for my hair line and I'm all ready!!

Totally ready for this!
Then it was time to get to work. It was super messy and I managed to keep getting pink all over my neck. Haha!

SO MUCH PINK!!

After I got my hair covered in pink goop, I clipped it up, and snapped on a shower cap (cuz SEXY!).


Then I went and grabbed the soft scrub to quickly clean up the pink I got on the counter (cleaned up easy, phew!) and then went and hosed out my sour cream tub and other pinkified instruments in the back yard over the grass,

Then it was time for lunch and waiting before I rinsed it all out. There was a mild freak-out when I stepped out of the shower and saw it in the mirror for the first time, but I swiftly recovered enough to text a bunch of people that I now had PINK HAIR and I would send them pics once I had put on makeup.


JEM!


I only missed a few little spots (it's a little light on one section of my bangs) and some of the hair didn't take the color for whatever reason so it looks like I got pink hair with a blonde weave. Pretty sweet.

For those of you wondering: yes, it washes out. I tested it on the tips of my hair first and it washed out super quick. This will all be gone by the time I get back from Korea.

So how did you celebrate the 4th of July?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying home (and the shopping haul!)

 Sunday we woke up bright and early (10:00) to get breakfast at 10:30 and then checked out. Even with getting up so late, I was NOT chipper....