Sunday, October 21, 2012

Keep on keepin' on

Things keep going. And I'm doing pretty good. Classes and school are keeping me busy, and it's only going to get busier. I got a look at the first draft of the November schedule for work and things are going to get pretty crazy busy.

And I say, "BRING IT ON!!!"

No, I mostly say, "Yaaay..." in a tired voice with a small smile.

Things have been especially crazy these past few weeks as, in between work, school, and homework, I've been getting ready to have a Halloween party! I am really excited for it. My mom helped me fix up a costume. We took an old dress from Goodwill, cut up the hem so my red crinoline skirt can peek out, added an awesome collar and a spider brooch, and then made some hair ties with extra lace. I'll add some awesome makeup and crazy hair and I'll be a dead doll. Pretty awesome. I'll post pictures after the party. :)

Dad helped me out this week as well. We had a self defense night for the women at church and he came and taught for us. It was a lot of fun. Everyone had a really great time. It's always fun to yell and hit stuff. And Dad is a really fun teacher. ^^

In other news.... I might be going to New York next summer (and maybe D.C. if my friend has her wedding around my New York trip)!! I have to take Multicultural Counseling next summer and there are two options. One, take the class as a ten week course in a classroom, normal normal style. Not as exciting but cheaper (not CHEAP: tuition is still expensive) Option TWO is to take a one week intensive course in New York where we go around to all the different neighborhoods and talk to leaders of the community. I've talked to several of the students who have gone and it sounds pretty freaking amazing. It is, however, expensive. In addition to tuition costs, I need to pay for hotel ($80 a night), airfare (anywhere from $700-$800 or so), a program fee ($380), plus food and transportation to and from the airport.

So I'm needing a bit of extra money. I've gotten about a quarter of the way there already, but if anyone wants to help, birthday and Christmas are both coming up and money is an easy and very much appreciated gift!

Here is a lovely video of a day spent in New York City. Isn't it lovely and fun? Wouldn't it be awesome to take a class there?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying home (and the shopping haul!)

 Sunday we woke up bright and early (10:00) to get breakfast at 10:30 and then checked out. Even with getting up so late, I was NOT chipper....