Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy 2013!

As of Tuesday, vacation time will be officially over with the start of the new semester. I got my grades back for last semester: all A's!! Yay!! I am very happy with this. Hopefully I can keep this trend up for another few years.

It was a really long and wonderful vacation. Jesi came home from school for three weeks and we had an awesome time hanging out and being nerds together. It was fun. We went shopping, watched movies, ate treats, and did all the dorky fun things we like to do when we are together.

On Christmas, Jesi and I decided we were going to surprise our parents with a fabulous stuffed french toast casserole. It... didn't work out. So we had danishes instead. Jesi got an iPhone for Christmas (yay!). Just in time, too, because her old phone had just died, like, Christmas Eve. We made her work for it, though. All of us have iPhones already, so we put some of her little stocking gifts inside the boxes from our phones, wrapped them, and placed them strategically in her stocking. She'd get excited, open the box, and it would be gum or nail polish. Mom had opened a bag of cookies, put the phone (inside of a ziplock bag) in the bag, and then used tacky glue to put the bag back together. Jesi didn't realize it until Mom asked if she could have some of the cookies and then, when Jesi opened the bag, she found the cookies. It was great.

We can't just give gifts, you see. They need to be all tricky.

I got a fabulous present, as well. Dad taped a bunch of pictures of New York all over a cookies tin and on the inside was a word puzzle spelling out "New York" and a Southwest Airlines gift card (not a real one, though... it was just for show). They are paying for my New York tickets for this summer! Yaaaaaayyy!!! I'm so excited!! I've been talking to a student who went on the trip last year and she has only good things to say about it. I'm stoked! Get ready for a jillion pictures this summer. ^^

After Christmas, I was in charge of a freezer sale at work, which went great and bumped our numbers up for December pretty well (we made over $3000 in sales which is pretty dang good for us). Jesi and I went to see "The Hobbit" with some friends, which was REALLY GOOD. I love Martin Freeman. He makes an adorable Bilbo.

The Sunday after Christmas we headed to Seaside and stayed over for New Years. Nothing really special. It's not a big night for us usually. Jesi and I watched a movie and cheered at midnight. Yay 2013! 

Jesi's last few days at home were fairly uneventful. We did get a chance to use our gift cards from Christmas (JC Penny shopping spree!!) and ate dinner at Benihana's the night before she left for Utah. I'll miss my Chicky, but I know she loves school, and I'm doing pretty good with my own stuff right now as well, so we should be good until April when she comes home. ^^

I also bought a new computer. His name is Wesley and he's a Google Chromebook. I've discovered this last semester that having a computer on campus is really useful. Typing notes makes them easier to read, professors post power points/study guides online, etc. My old laptop was great, but starting to die. It was also crazy heavy. The Chromebook weighs about 2.5lbs and is very small. It's not a PC or a Mac so it doesn't run the same way as other computers I'm used to, but it does what I need it to do and it only cost $250 so the price was right.

And that's all for now. I'll be starting up school this week (2 classes this term), and I'm really looking forward to getting more into my major.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying home (and the shopping haul!)

 Sunday we woke up bright and early (10:00) to get breakfast at 10:30 and then checked out. Even with getting up so late, I was NOT chipper....