Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Day 2 in Japan: Tokyo Disneyland!!

Our second full day in Japan started bright and early to go to Tokyo Disneyland. We chose the Wednesday of our trip to go because that is when the park is supposed to be least crowded. And it was! Lines weren't terrible, waits for rides were pretty decent, and you didn't need to push your way through the park. 

But it also was the hottest day of the entire trip. So. There's that.


It was really hot. And sunny. And humid. But we took many breaks and drank lots of water. Or flavored electrolyte water. Which we purchased on accident a few times.

But look! We made it!


Posing in front of Cinderella's Castle!


Obligatory group selfie!


Our first stop was the most important for me: Haunted Mansion! It's my favorite ride. Plus, the wait was only 10 minutes. 


The ride was entirely in Japanese (duh) and the animatronics have definitely seen better days. But still awesome!

And blessedly cool with amazing air conditioning!

On the way out, we saw these two ladies sitting with their collection of stuffed toys laid out. At first I thought they were selling something, but no. They would have been kicked out for that. They are just showing off their toys. I saw lots of people with bags covered in the keychain stuffies, but these ladies BY FAR had the most! SO MANY!


After Haunted Mansion, Dan, Maddie, and Mandy headed off to a roller coaster (no thank you) and I walked over to Small World. It's so pretty! They have the big set up like Disneyland but in more pastel colors. It was so pretty!


And, again, only a 10 minute wait in beautiful air conditioning.

After the ride, I wandered around for a while before getting a little peckish. So I got in line for a churro.

But it wasn't a churro. It was a chocolate orange filled pie thing.


Tasty, but not what I wanted. 

I was getting hot, so I got in line to see Cinderella's Castle.

Like Sleeping Beauty's castle, you get to walk through and see pretty art installations telling the story of Cinderella. Very cool. And air conditioned (this will remain important all day).


After enjoying the castle, I met up with the rest of the group at Gaston's restaurant for lunch. I had a sausage stuffed croissant and fries. The chicken bone sticking out of the sausage was a cute touch.


For dessert, Mandy and I shared a caramel apple churro. Very tasty. Probably would have tasted better warm.



Once again, we broke up so they could go on another ride and I got another accidental electrolyte drink.


I wandered and shopped and had a good time people watching before meeting up with the group again to go on Star Tours! Another blessedly airconditioned ride.



After the fun ride, we had to find the alien mochis I had seen all over the internet. I was still full from lunch, but I had to try them. And they were delicious.


Mandy had a tasty sparkly fruit drink which was also delicious.


It was only 2pm, but we were all pooped so we slowly made our way through the air conditioned shops and made our way to the entrance. On the way out, we saw these cast members with stencils that they would lay on the street and have people use their spray bottle to stencil the design in water on the asphalt. So cute!


We were so hot and tired. And entire frizz balls. OMG. It was so freaking hot.


After a few hours of rest, Mandy headed out to meet her friend from grad school who lives in Japan now and Maddie, Dan, and I decided we would get McDonalds for dinner because why not?

In Italy I loved the orange Fanta and in Japan I fell in love with melon Fanta, even if it is "relentlessly green" as Dan coined it.


The shaka shaka fry seasoning was cool. Pretty much tasted like chicken boullion on fries. 


I got a teriyaki potato burger. It was... different. The patty had the consistency of sausage and then it had like a sweet mashed potato thing on top. Interesting. 10 out of 10 wouldn't get again.


Got a little toasted. Not quite burned, but the face was red and just a little sensitive. And we have pictures the next day.



Good thing I have really good makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying home (and the shopping haul!)

 Sunday we woke up bright and early (10:00) to get breakfast at 10:30 and then checked out. Even with getting up so late, I was NOT chipper....